Maintenance & Damage Control Checklist
San Diego, CA
- Electrical Wire, Solder, Connectors, Electrical Tape, etc.
- Silicone Spray Lubricant (eg. Tri-Flow PTFE, Lanocote) plus Engine Starting Fluid, & outboard motor fluids and cleaners.
- Fin, Mask, Snorkel & Hol-Tite Handle for in-water hull or prop work (also wet suit & weight belt are really useful here).
- Spares – Zinc Plates, Collars & Pencils for electrolysis control as needed, including use in cooling system.
- Fiberglass Cloth & Tape, with resin and catalyst, PLUS Caulking Gun with tubes of Silicone Caulking & Adhesives (eg. BoatLife, SikaFlex and/or similar 3M-Products).
- Rubber “True Plugs” and/or Tapered Plugs (wood bungs) with “Stay Afloat” Bee’s Wax – keep plugs dry but as handy to thru hulls as possible. PLUS Gorilla Tape & Rescue Tape for the quick fixes!
- Expanded Inflatable Repair Kit, to include glue, hull fabric, valves, chemicals, etc.