Maintenance & Damage Control Checklist
San Diego, CA
- Electrical Wire, Solder, Connectors, Electrical Tape, etc.
- Electrical Wire, Solder, Connectors, Tape, etc.
- Silicone Spray Lubricant (eg. Tri-Flow PTFE, Lanocote) and
Engine Starting Fluid.
- Fin, Mask, Snorkel & good-grip Gloves for in-water hull or prop
work (also wet suit & weight belt are really useful here).
- Spares – Zinc Plates, Collars & Pencils for electrolysis control
as needed, including use in cooling system.
- Fiberglass Material & Tape, plus resin and catalyst.
- Caulking Gun with tubes of Silicone Caulking & Adhesive
(eg. BoatLife, SikaFlex and similar 3M-Products).
- Splash Zone or “Poxy-Putty” (both slow cure and fast cure) for
underwater repair, plus Bedding Compound (Dolfinite).
- Spares – Fuses and/or Circuit Breakers.
- 3M Scotch-Brite Pads for “boatwork”, plus Sandpaper
(wet/dry), Paint & Varnish, Primer, Thinner, and Brushes.
- Cleaning Aids like Sponges, Rags, Chamois & Deck Brush.
- Small Whisk Broom, Dustpan, and/or 12-Volt Vacuum.
- Canvas Squares for use as collision mat.
- Plywood (as large as you can stow) for emergency hull and
cabin side repair, plus large nails.
- Wood 2×4’s (as large as you can stow) plus Large Hose
Clamps for splinting spars and other emergency repair.
- Assortment of Fasteners – nuts, bolts and screws, etc.
- Emergency Marine SSB and/or Ham Antenna.
- Metal Primer & Acid-Etch – keep safely stored.
- Rubber “True Plugs” and/or Tapered Plugs (wood bungs) with
“Stay Afloat” Bee’s Wax – keep plugs dry but as handy to thruhulls as possible.
- Expanded Inflatable Repair Kit, to include glue, hull fabric,
valves, chemicals, etc.